Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fable Oh Fable...

Fable is a short story with a moral value and it is made interesting by adding in elements of myth and legend. Creating fable in a modern context and by people who do not have a gist of the real fable situation is quite challenging but i guess we did good in creating our own fable.

At first, we thought we have to re-do an existing fable with modern characters, but after we enter the class did we know that we have to create our own fable. Within the 45 minutes time that we got, Adeline, Kirubayini, Naomi and me brainstormed and came out with an idea of portraying a Malay proverb, "hujan batu di negara sendiri, hujan emas di negara orang, lebih baik negara sendiri", in our fable.

We used fishes to portray our message. These fishes were drawn by Kirubayini and the others helped to draw the colourful outlines and also to come with the dialogues with correct grammar. it was an enjoyable experience creating a fable of our own. I am looking forward to do more activities like this.

5 comments:

  1. It is really an enjoyable moment where we our self able to come out with our own fable.The most important thing that we have to agree with is the team work and understanding among us is the secret that make us come out with this final work. I with my group members really had fun through the way creating our own fables and we should thank to our Dr because providing us with different kind of activities which are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeay~~the most enjoyable class ever...I totally love this fable...i felt like a kid drawing and creating an interesting fable of our own!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think using fables is a good method for low intermediate students as they tend to enjoy fun activities.Besides that, creating fables that relates to modern characters are interesting and not boring for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an interesting class for this semester. I really enjoyed myself for this class. It was excitment to do fables on our own where all this while we will just read other people's fables and get excited about it. This time it was a different experience as well. I enjoyed myself as well learned many new things at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heyyyy i really enjoyed this fable session. i felt like a kid again drawing and coloring all those fables that we came up on ourselves. I was very excited to draw my fables as it was my idea for my group. Our picasso in our group was aruna, she did a really good job in making my ideas become real. Her drawing was awesome i should say.The other two awesome painters that made the drawing become lively was Suba and Shoba. They did a really great job in coloring the painting. I was very excited to present our fable in the class....hehehe

    ReplyDelete