Sunday, October 3, 2010

Documentary…haiz!!!!!

Chalk is a documentary about teachers struggling in the education system. I hated this documentary just like my classmates who was sleeping throughout the movie session. I can’t really focus on the documentary as I was sleep deprived; result of staying awake the previous night.

From the bits that I watched and understood, I came to a conclusion that this documentary was all about teachers of various levels and subjects struggling to keep up with their personal and professional life. When I think about this, I realized how much a teacher puts at stake in order to educate students. All these efforts are simply for nothing at times.

Imagining how much my teachers would have lost in order to educate me makes me awestruck. The admiration that I had on them doubled instantly. Will I be able to give the same kind of commitment to my student and profession? That is a doubt but I can promise that I will try my best to give the best.

1 comment:

  1. It has been never easy to be a teacher out there in schools. What more if you want to be an excellent and committed teacher, devoted fully to your teaching profession. It is always easier said than done.

    This documentary is good in a way that it features the real life scenario in high schools, in which we will be all facing in a couple of months from now. It actually gives us, as future educators, a rough idea of what is really going on in schools these days.

    I truly admire certain positive points of the teachers featured here in the documentary. Let us all learn from them in teaching and educating our future students!

    ReplyDelete