Sunday, October 3, 2010

Finding Forrester

I’m still finding what finding Forrester is all about… I have never watched such a boring movie in my life before!!! I am still trying to figure out why Sean Connery corrected Jamal’s paper in the first place.

This slow-paced movie (a boring one in that) did carry a heavy message. A recluse author passing down his experiences and manuscript must b a result of a special bond. The encouragement Sean Connery gave Jamal was out of ordinary and sounds more like discouragement rather than encouragement. Jamal, who seems to have a special bond with the author, worked hard on the guides given to him and came out with a very good term paper at his new elite school.

The communication between Jamal and his idol looks very rough and unstable but it survived the challenges. This is what we can call as special bond from birth. Their relationship is more like a relationship between a mother and her son, where outsiders cannot predict or understand the relationship.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Renuga,

    I understand how you feel about the movie, but how about giving it a second chance? What about watching it again? I could barely sit through the movie when we watched it in class the first time, so I watched it again today. Watching it again gave the opportunity to further observe the movie closer and with great detail. There were some strong points in the movie that I missed during the first screening, I bet you did too. My point is, if this movie was supposed to teach us anything, than the only thing I understood from it is that our fear comes from ignorance of the unknown, and our inability to enter the unknown with courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I would like to share my opinion on this movie. In the previous movie, t is all about how a teacher change their students life. In this movie, it works both ways. Forrester teaches Jamal how to be a better writer while at the same time Jamal brings him back to life. The learning never ends and everyone could teach us something.

    ReplyDelete