Sunday, October 3, 2010

Drowgames awards

It was disappointing to see not many people turn up for the awards after weeks of reminder. Naomi, Aruna, Sharon, Adeline and I was few people who came early for the event and what we saw upon our arrival was only five people including Miss Alicia and Miss Amelia. We was hoping that lots of people will come soon and true to that and some phone calls made, there was quite a number of people who came in late. Next time around, I would be happy if attendance is taken for events like this to make sure everyone comes on time.

The event went on smoothly. The part where Mr. Vahid won his trip to Indonesia for a conference and my friend Aruna winning the 35th place in Drowgames was a sweet surprise for me. The food prepared for us was also delicious but it was sad to see so much of leftovers. I really hoped that the leftovers could be sent to any charity home as their dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, so sad to see so much leftovers there. I was questioned by Dr actually, that how did I do my duty as a president since I couldn't get even half of the TESLians to come for the ceremony. =( But I pity Alicia the most, she was so pressured and she cried because of the poor attendance.

    ReplyDelete