Sunday, October 3, 2010

how " adultery in 19th and 20th century" came about...

When Dr Jaya announced that I was appointed under Miss Dzeelfa to do my research paper, I was thrilled. This is because Miss Dzeelfa and I had a good understanding and passion on literature last semester. I felt as if I was blessed with a shower of luck to work with her again this semester. The most exciting thing is that we are going to work on literature. I made a promise to myself to come out with an excellent paper on Kate Chopin’s The Awakening.
The dream of working on Kate Chopin’s The Awakening alone was thrashed when I got to know that I have to use at least three literary texts in order to complete my research paper whereas Kate Chopin wrote only two novels throughout her life. Then I thought about working on Nora Roberts, but my heart kept on insisting me to work on The Awakening no matter what. This is when our meeting with Miss Dzeelfa was arranged.
We (Wendy, Adeline, Aruna and me) had a brief meeting with Miss Dzeelfa regarding our research paper; we discussed about what should be in our research paper and also on what do we have in mind to work on. When I was explaining to Miss Dzeelfa about my idea on doing the awakening, Miss Dzeelfa gave me a superb idea of discussing on adultery and why it happens in the novel. I improvised the idea to work on three novels from three authors and discuss about adultery in them. This is how I got the title of my research paper; ‘adultery in 19th and 20th century’.

No comments:

Post a Comment